.....Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalms 23:6





Monday, June 27, 2011

Attack

As I sit here laughing at myself, I just had to share. So after leaving the gym tonight I had to make a quick stop at the church. I was only running in to grab something I had forgotten earlier today so I just left my van running and the door open while I ran inside. I went in (seriously like 2 mins), came back out and started to get in my van. As I'm buckling my belt I hear this horrid sound....BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Immediately I'm terrified. I look around and find the culprit, it's a huge horse-fly. Let me go on record and say that I am scared to death of horse-flies, they def creep me out. So as I'm trying to think of my plan of attack.....the blame thing flies straight at me, I immediately jump out of my van. I start rolling the windows down bc the thing isn't out of my van yet. The thing gets wedged in between my windshield and dash board, grrrrrr. What am I going to do now? I grab a piece of newspaper and start swatting....the thing keeps buzzing around and coming at me but won't come out of my van. So I go outside of my van, crawl on the hood and start beating he window...praying the thing will fly away. FINALLY, the thing flies out after about 10 mins of me raging around my van like a mad woman. All I can say is the people that drove by got a free comedy show and I got an extra workout in....all thanks to a horsefly!

Ok update: We counted the change we raised in our penny drive (for VBS). We raised $359.00, Yah, I'm sooooo excited! We decided to pass the $$$$ on to a senior in our church that could use a little extra! I'm so glad we did this penny drive, the kids had a blast seeing who could get the most change and now they get to be a blessing to someone in need! :) I'm looking forward to doing this each year!

Now, I must go to bed. Tomorrow is the last day of super-doubles at Harris Teeter. My coupons are cut and ready to go. We shall see what kind of deals I get!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment